miércoles, 19 de mayo de 2010

Why Obstetrics?


My decision of study Obstetrics, honestly I was not my first choice, because I always thought study Medicine. But PSU score was not enough, of course I always wanted to study in Universidad de Chile, so with my score I look to career "similar" to the work of Doctor, and I went to study Obstetrics.
First year,
everything was a new world, that slowly satisfy my expectations. But now,that I´m in second year, I am sure that my role is to give life, to be in the developmental stages, teaching on sexuality to the community and live in all this process.
I think that is best decision I ever made, because every day
I understand that there is more comprehensive professional midwife, this career is making me happy and do not see myself doing anything else.
These two years the teachers that have taught us are are excellent, so it is difficult to say which had the greatest impact, but I remember my anthropology classes, I showed the career as a midwife from another point of view,to be a comprehensive professional. I showed the midwives in different cultures, talk about humanizing delivery and techniques in unconventional medicine. Great course!
Every day I feel that midwifery is my profession, I love the professional area of health and how I am forming.
I feel I can help most beautiful in the process of life is mine. I love my career!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario